E-commerce is booming across all categories. With the average American spending over 11 hours online per day, and 79% of consumers shopping on the web (both computer and mobile), e-commerce is something on the minds of every brick and mortar retailer. Many independent retailers shy away from the idea of an online store in fear that it will take away from their brick and mortar store, but this couldn’t be farther from the truth. Having an e-commerce site can benefit your business as a whole.
10 Reasons You Should Consider E-Commerce
1. Having an online presence gives your business validity. If a potential new customer is unable to find you online, and learn more about you or the products you sell, they will likely find a different option with a website.
2. If customers want to shop online, they’re going to shop online, and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them. You want to give them an option to shop online with you, instead of your competitors or larger online retailers.
3. Customers in today’s world crave convenience and demand the option to shop with the click of a button whenever they want, and have orders delivered to their home when they can’t fit a trip to the store into their busy schedules. Having an e-commerce site and home delivery for them to access information and shop through makes it simple for them to shop with you at any time of day or night.
4. An online presence is not just about sales. It is an opportunity to showcase your business’ values, locations, contact information, and have all of this in one place.
5. All the information on your online store also helps with your local SEO, so that you show up in “<product/brand> near me” searches. An online store will help customers (existing and new) find you via search or Google Business, Yelp, etc.
6. Customers can browse your online store to see what brands and products you believe in. This shows them who you are and what your business stands for.
7. You can link your social media posts and email campaigns to specific pages on your website, so that customers can click through and land on products, location, hours, services, events etc. Bringing your consumers directly to you online has the power to drive sales both online and in-store.
8. 73% of consumers prefer a multichannel approach to shopping. This means that consumers are looking for retailers who have a presence both online, and off. You want to give your customers a place where they can research, and purchase with you, either online for home delivery, or in-store for a more hands-on, intimate experience.
9. You can track your customers’ buying habits easier than ever when they shop online with you. This data can be used to improve your business, drive marketing campaigns, and increase sales both online and in-store.
10. An online store is still YOUR store, so you should take pride in it! Showing that you are up to date with the current trends, whether it’s leaning into video content, Instagram, and, of course, e-commerce is valued by consumers!
Setting up an e-commerce site has never been easier with the Endless Aisles Shopify plugin. With Endless Aisles, you gain access to our catalog of thousands of items that you can sell on your online store – we’ll do all the shipping and inventory management. You can work with our partners, Pet Store Websites, to create an optimized e-commerce site that reflects your business and brand. This is your solution for competing online.
If you aren’t ready to take the plunge with Web Integration, you can use Special Ordering for Endless Aisles, where you can take orders over the phone or in-store, and have items shipped directly to your customers.
Learn more about Endless Aisles
Why You Should Consider Endless Aisles
Endless Aisles Special Ordering: Tips & Advice
Learn More About Pet Store Websites